The Beggar's Prize: Jewish Folklore



A beggar found a leather wallet on the market. He saw the wallet open There were hundred gold oboes in the wallet. That's when the beggar yelled at a dealer - "My leather wallet has been lost! Whoever will find him and hand me over, I will reward him! "

A beggar was a very honest man. He handed the wallet to the dealer and said - "Here is your wallet. Will you reward? "
"Earn!" - Soudagar countered his coins and said to Hikaru - "There were two hundred Ashphans in this wallet! You stole half the money and now ask for reward! Get lost or I'll call the soldiers! "
Even after showing such honesty, the charge of futility was not tolerated by the beggar. He said - "I have not stolen anything! I am ready to go to court! "
In the court, Kazi leisurely listened to both of them and said - "I believe in both of you. I'll do justice. Dealer, you say that there were two hundred Ashphans in your wallet. But in the wallet received by the beggar, there are only a hundred of them. This means that this wallet is not yours. Since the wallet does not have any claimant for the beggar, I order to deposit half the amount in the city's treasury and the other beggars in a prize. "
The dishonest dealer's hand remained untouched. Now he could not even call his wallet as his wish because doing so would have been a severe punishment. For the sake of justice-like Kaji, the beggar got a good reward for his honesty.
x

No comments

Text Widget

The Magazine

Sample Text

Pages

Popular Posts